Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Thinking about Sin.

Dear Blog,
Today I was supposed to talk about a meaningful person in my Life, but I am going to write about something I am learning about, SIN. does that scare you? Well this book that I am reading says some very important things that I think is well worth noting.
Since I do not want to Plagiarize the man who wrote this book, I will simply quote him. His name is Wayne A Mack and the book is called,"A fight to the death, Taking aim at sin within".

He says as follows, "To succeed in obeying the biblical injunction to put sin to death in our lives, we must be especially wakeful during the seasons in our lives when we are most likely to experience extraordinary temptation. Often, a season of outward prosperity is a time of unusual temptation.......................(a little bit later on)......One of the wisest prayers ever prayed is found in Proverbs 30:7-9. On his knees before God, this man said,"Two things I asked of you, do not refuse me before I die............" What was he going to ask for? What would he ask the Lord for? First, he asked, "Keep deception and lies far from me........" In other words, he wanted the Lord to take away his deceitfulness and make him a man of conviction and truth. Second, he asked,"Give me neither poverty nor riches; feed me with the food that is my portion, that I not be full and deny you and say,'Who is the Lord?' or that I not be in want and steal, and profane the name of my God." This man, knowing the depravity of his wicked heart, was fearful of becoming too wealthy. He said," Lord, I am afraid that if you give me riches, I will deny you"He was fearful that his riches might cause him to dishonor God by his lifestyle-by overindulgence, complacency, or neglecting the things of God. On the other hand, he said, "Don't allow me to become too poor because I can't trust myself-I may go out and steal." "
May God give us a heart to be grateful for what we have, and to share with others what they don't have.
This is Sarah-over and out

No comments: